You don't have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game. Find the activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.
Walking - Why Walk More?
- It's sociable, free and there are plenty of places to walk on your doorstep
- It is the easiest and most accessible form of exercise
- Walking is good for your bones and muscles
- It helps beat stress, improve your mood and can make you feel more relaxed
- Walking can help you to manage your weight
- It can cut your risk of heart disease by up to 50%, reduce your risk of Type 2 Diabetes and the risk of some cancers.
Here in Hambleton we are lucky to have a whole programme of short FREE walks taking place across our market towns. Organised by Hambleton Strollers and led by qualified and experience volunteer walk leaders. There is more information on the local council website or check out their facebook page
The Northallerton U3A, University of The Third Age, also have a whole range of walks for beginners, intermediate and advanced walkers. Check out their website for their walking programme and a whole range of other activities which will keep you fit and active: https://u3asites.org.uk/northallerton/home
Northallerton parkrun - Weekly Free 5km Timed Run
It is a 5km run, every Saturday at 9:00am.
Run for our own enjoyment. You can join in whatever your pace!
Takes place at Hambleton Leisure Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2UZ.
It's free! but register before your first run. Only ever register with parkrun once.
For more details see the website: https://www.parkrun.org.uk/northallerton/